What is Consular (Embassy) Legalization of Documents?
Consular Legalization of Documents is a procedure for confirming the validity of a document from a country or for a country that is NOT a party to the Hague Convention.
The consular legalization procedure differs from the Apostille in its complexity and consists of several stages. However, it is imperfect – the document is valid only for the country Embassy of which authenicated the document.
What is the purpose of consular legalization of documents?
If the document has passed the procedure of Consular Legalization, it acquires a legal force in the country (not a party to the Hague Convention of October 5, 1961), for which it was legalized.
For which countries the Consular Legalization of documents is necessary?
List of countries with the requirement of consular legalization of documents
What kind of Ukrainian Document can be legalized through the Embassy Legalization procedure?
Documents from the Civil Registry Office of Ukraine
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Divorce Certificate
- Death certificate
- Name change Certificate
- Extracts (extracts) from the State register
Documents certified by Notary Public
- Marital status statements
- Parental consent
- Power of Attorney
- Contracts, Agreements, Marriage Contracts
- Notarized copies of documents
- Notarized translations of documents
Copies of Court decisions
Documents from the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the National Police of Ukraine
- Certificate of no criminal record
Documents from the District Administrations of the State Administration
- Certificate of registration at the place of residence (from TsNAP)
Documents and certificates from the Migration Service of Ukraine
Documents from the Pension Fund of Ukraine
Documents from the Tax (Fiscal) Services of Ukraine
Original Education documents
- Diplomas, Transcripts, Academic records and Certificates
What organizations in Ukraine are involved in the procedure of consular legalization?
- Ministry of Justice of Ukraine
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine
- Notaries of Ukraine
- Consular Sections of Foreign Embassies in Ukraine